Converting Machine Operator
Farnell Packaging Limited is a family owned and operated flexible packaging manufacturer. Employing over 200 people at our Dartmouth, Nova Scotia facility, our responsive and dedicated staff continues to produce quality solutions guided by our founder’s values and today’s evolving marketplace.
We are seeking highly motivated individuals to join our Converting Department team in the entry-level role of Operator. The Converting Operator role is the foundation for building a career as a Converting Shift Leader.
- Removing product from machines
- Housekeeping duties
- Quality checks
- Making minor adjustments on the machines
- Reporting of any inefficiencies or safety issues
- 12 hour rotating shift schedule including overnight and weekend (example follows)
- Scheduled for 84 hours bi-weekly and rotate together with the same crew
- Some overtime is available depending on production demands
- Basic Computer Skills
- Ability to read basic measuring instruments
- Required to carry out basic arithmetic operations such as addition and subtraction
Manufacturing Plant Working Conditions:
- Required to stand for long periods of time
- Changing environmental conditions (hot in summer/cold in winter)
- Frequent light lifting
- $18.22/hour starting rate, incrementally increasing to $19.53/hour when fully trained (1 year)
- Our competitive benefits package includes health & dental insurance at 3 months, night shift premium, paid sick time at 6 months, generous vacation plan, annual safety boot allowance, EFAP, as well as access to our employer matched group RRSP plan.
Farnell Packaging Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees. Please advise if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.