Farnell Packaging Limited is a family owned and operated flexible packaging manufacturer. Employing over 200 people at our Dartmouth, Nova Scotia facility, our responsive and dedicated staff continues to produce quality solutions guided by our founder’s values and today’s evolving marketplace.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Custodial team. The Custodian ensures a clean, safe environment for staff in both buildings (office, warehouse and manufacturing plant) and the surrounding grounds.
- Comparable experience preferred
- Ability to take Total Fall Protection training
- Power Operated EWP Safety Course (Scissor Lift)
- Basic Computer Skills
- Required to stand for long periods of time and climb several flights of stairs
- Changing environmental conditions (hot in summer/cold in winter)
- Frequent heavy lifting
- Cleaning building floors; sweeping, mopping, washing, vacuuming, various overhead lines
- Clean and supply washrooms, wash-up station, and kitchens
- Removal and proper disposition of garbage, recyclables and organics
- Outdoor maintenance including; shoveling, salting, picking up debris including cigarette butts, sharps in driveway and garbage
- Painting, general maintenance
- Cleaning and sanitizing water coolers
- Move furniture, assembly office supplies
- 12 hour rotating shift schedule including overnight and weekend
- Scheduled for 84 hours bi-weekly and rotate together with the same crew
- Some overtime available depending on production demands
- $19.53/hour starting rate, incrementally increasing to $21.14/hour when fully trained (1 year)
- Our competitive benefits package includes night shift premium, generous vacation plan, health & dental insurance at 3 months, paid sick time at 6 months, safety boot allowance, EFAP, as well as access to our employer matched group RRSP plan.
Farnell Packaging Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees. Please advise if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.