General Labourer (Summer Term)
Farnell Packaging Limited is a family owned and operated flexible packaging manufacturer. Employing over 200 people at our Dartmouth, Nova Scotia facility, our responsive and dedicated staff continues to produce quality solutions guided by our founder’s values and today’s evolving marketplace.
We are seeking highly motivated individuals to join our team in entry level positions in the Extrusion, Press and Converting Departments. These positions are for the summer term (May until the end of August) in order to provide sufficient coverage during the busy vacation season. Students are welcome to apply.
- Required to stand for long periods of time and climb several flights of stairs
- Frequent lifting (weight varies by department)
- Ability to read basic measuring instruments and carry out basic arithmetic operations
- Full-time availability
- Comparable experience preferred but not required
- Wrapping and moving skids of product
- Removing product from machines
- Housekeeping duties
- Quality checks
- Reporting of any inefficiencies or safety issues
- Supports the Shift Leaders with the setup and operation of the machines
- 12 hour rotating shift schedule including overnight and weekend
- Scheduled for 84 hours bi-weekly and rotate together with the same crew
- Some overtime available depending on production demands
- Contract is for a term position for May 1, 2023 – August 31, 2023. Start and end dates may be negotiable. Part-time positions may also be available starting in September.
- $18.22/hour starting rate
- Benefits include: night shift premium, safety boot allowance, EFAP.
Farnell Packaging Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees. Please advise if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.