Farnell Packaging Limited is a family owned and operated flexible packaging manufacturer. Employing over 200 people at our Dartmouth, Nova Scotia facility, our responsive and dedicated staff continues to produce quality solutions guided by our founder’s values and today’s evolving marketplace.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Shipping Department team in the role of Material Handler. The goal of this position is to successfully move materials through the facility.
- Moving product by forklift throughout the production facility
- Loading/unloading trailers
- Receiving incoming products
- Processing orders in the system
- Housekeeping duties
- Reporting of any inefficiencies or safety issues
- 12 hour rotating shift schedule including overnight and weekend (example follows)
- Scheduled for 84 hours bi-weekly and rotate together with the same crew
- Some overtime available depending on production demands
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must hold a valid forklift operator license (Counterbalance, Walkie, Raymond Reach) from a recognized training provider
- Basic Computer Skills (knowledge of MS Office, Paradox or SYSPRO ERP experience an asset).
- Fall Protection Certification
- Minimum six (6) months of experience as a forklift operator
- Two (2) years’ experience in a production facility or warehouse is preferred
- Criminal Background Check
Manufacturing Plant Working Conditions:
- Required to stand or drive forklift for long periods of time
- May be required to climb several flights of stairs
- Changing environmental conditions (Hot/ Cold)
- Some lifting is required
- $17.88/hour starting rate, incrementally increasing to $19.35/hour when fully trained (1 year)
- Our competitive benefits package includes a generous vacation plan, health & dental insurance at 3 months, paid sick time at 6 months, safety boot allowance, EFAP, as well as access to our employer matched group RRSP plan.
Farnell Packaging Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees. Please advise if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.