PRESS ASSISTANT (APPRENTICE)
Farnell Packaging Limited is a family owned and operated flexible packaging manufacturer. Employing over 200 people at our Dartmouth, Nova Scotia facility, our responsive and dedicated staff continues to produce quality solutions guided by our founder’s values and today’s evolving marketplace.
We are seeking highly motivated individuals to join our Press Department team in the entry-level role of Assistant. The Press Assistant (Apprentice) role is the foundation for building a career as a Press Shift Leader.
- Reporting of any inefficiencies or safety issues
- Wrapping and moving skids of product
- Removing rolls of product from machines
- Housekeeping duties
- Quality checks
- Supports the Shift Leader with the setup and operation of our Flexographic presses
- 12 hour rotating shift schedule including overnight and weekend (example follows)
- Scheduled for 84 hours bi-weekly and rotate together with the same crew
- Some overtime available depending on production demands
- Basic Computer Skills
- Basic Colour Blindness Test
- Ability to read basic measuring instruments and carry out basic arithmetic operations
- Comparable experience preferred but not required (General labour, construction, etc.)
Manufacturing Plant Working Conditions:
- Required to stand for long periods of time
- Changing environmental conditions (hot in summer/cold in winter).
- Ability to wear half-mask respirators to mitigate risks while working with solvent, ink and other chemicals in the Press Department
- Frequent heavy lifting
- $18.22/hour starting rate, incrementally increasing to $19.53/hour when fully trained (1 year)
- Our competitive benefits package includes health & dental insurance at 3 months, night shift premium, paid sick time at 6 months, generous vacation plan, annual safety boot allowance, EFAP, as well as access to our employer matched group RRSP plan
Farnell Packaging Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees. Please advise if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.