Farnell Packaging Limited is a family owned and operated flexible packaging manufacturer. Employing over 200 people at our Dartmouth, Nova Scotia facility, our responsive and dedicated staff continues to produce quality solutions guided by our founder’s values and today’s evolving marketplace.
We are seeking highly motivated individuals to join our Converting Department team in the role of Slitter Operator. The Operator is responsible for the safe operation of the slitter machine as well as the loading/unloading of the machine, wrapping and placing rolls onto pallets, regular quality tests, making adjustments on the machinery, and completing information sheets.
- Wrapping and moving skids of product
- Loading/unloading of the machine
- Housekeeping duties
- Quality checks
- Making adjustments on the machinery
- completing information sheets
- Reporting of any inefficiencies or safety issues
- 12 hour rotating shift schedule including overnight and weekend
- Scheduled for 84 hours bi-weekly and rotate together with the same crew
- Some overtime available depending on production demands
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Basic Computer Skills
- Ability to read basic measuring instruments and carry out basic arithmetic operations
- Comparable experience preferred but not required
Manufacturing Plant Working Conditions:
- Required to stand for long periods of time
- Changing environmental conditions (hot in summer/cold in winter).
- Frequent heavy lifting
- $18.97/hour starting rate, incrementally increasing to $20.53/hour when fully trained (1 year)
- Our competitive benefits package includes night shift premium, generous vacation plan, health & dental insurance at 3 months, paid sick time at 6 months, safety boot allowance, EFAP, as well as access to our employer matched group RRSP plan.
Farnell Packaging Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees. Please advise if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.