Farnell Packaging Limited is a family owned and operated flexible packaging manufacturer. Employing over 200 people at our Nova Scotia facility, our responsive and dedicated staff continues to produce quality solutions guided by our founder’s values and today’s evolving marketplace.
We are seeking highly motivated individuals to join our team in entry level positions in the Extrusion and Press Departments.
- Wrapping and moving skids of product
- Removing product from machines
- Housekeeping duties
- Quality checks
- Reporting of any inefficiencies or safety issues
- Supports the Shift Leaders with the setup and operation of the machines
- 12 hour rotating shift schedule including overnight and weekend (example below)
- Scheduled for 84 hours bi-weekly and rotate together with the same crew
- Some overtime available depending on production demands
- Basic Computer Skills
- Ability to read basic measuring instruments and carry out basic arithmetic operations
- Comparable experience preferred but not required
Manufacturing Plant Working Conditions:
- Required to stand for long periods of time
- Changing environmental conditions (hot in summer/cold in winter).
- Frequent lifting (weight varies by department)
- $18.77/hour starting rate, incrementally increasing to $20.12/hour when fully trained (1 year)
- Our competitive benefits package includes health & dental insurance at 3 months, night shift premium, paid sick time at 6 months, generous vacation plan, annual safety boot allowance, EFAP, as well as access to our employer matched group RRSP plan.
Farnell Packaging Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees. Please advise if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.