Using our Mission, Vision and Values as our guide, we believe that our people are our greatest resources. As a global producer of flexible packaging, we pride ourselves on providing training and development opportunities to all team members.
GREAT MINDS TOGETHER
Respect for people and planet are critical components of doing business. We operate with integrity, and strive for continuous improvement. With that in mind, respect for entire team and the world around us drives our business growth sustainably.
Our competitive compensation package includes a generous vacation and holiday plan, as well as access to our employer matched group RRSP plan.
We provide comprehensive, on the job training and ongoing professional development opportunities for all staff.
We offer an excellent health & dental plan, as well as wellness programs and an annual fitness credit.
We offer exciting career opportunities in all areas of our business. Explore our open positions today for more information on available opportunities.
Farnell Packaging Limited is a family owned and operated global producer of flexible packaging. Respect for people and planet are critical components of doing business. Using our Mission, Vision and Values as our guide, we believe that our people are our greatest resources and we pride ourselves on providing training and development opportunities to all team members.
We are seeking highly motivated individuals to join our Press Department team in the role of Assistant. The Press Assistant supports the Foremen with the setup and operation of our Flexographic presses, as well has helps with housekeeping duties, wrapping and moving skids of product, and quality testing.
You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of tasks and develop your skills in many areas in the Press department. You will be provided hands on training and timely feedback in order to safely perform your work duties and foster your career development.
- 12 hour rotating shift schedule including overnight and weekend
- Scheduled for 84 hours bi-weekly and rotate together with the same crew
- Some overtime available depending on production demands
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Basic Computer Skills
- Basic Colour Blindness Test
- Ability to read basic measuring instruments and carry out basic arithmetic operations
- Comparable experience preferred but not required (General labour, construction, etc.)
Manufacturing Plant Working Conditions:
- Required to stand for long periods of time
- Changing environmental conditions (hot in summer/cold in winter).
- Ability to wear half-mask respirators to mitigate risks while working with solvent, ink and other chemicals in the Press Department
- Frequent heavy lifting
- $15.00/hour starting rate, incrementally increasing to $17.35/hour when fully trained (1 year)
- Our competitive benefits package includes a generous vacation plan, an excellent health & dental plan, paid sick time, safety boot allowance, as well as access to our employer matched group RRSP plan.
We are proud to provide a smoke-free facility and environment. Farnell Packaging Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer.
Farnell Packaging Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require accommodation with the recruitment and selection process may phone (902)-468-9378 and request Human Resources for additional support.